Lugansk People’s Republic Acting Head Leonid Pasechnik has expressed his condolences to the families of the people killed in the Kiev artillery strike at Perevalsk.
Kiev forces fired a missile from a US-made high mobility artillery rocket system (HIMARS) at the town at 13:10 on Sunday.
“Perevalsk, where Ukrainian nationalist committed a cruel act of terror, is experiencing a horrible day. It is a crime that has no statue of limitations and our servicemen are hastening the hour when all those complicit in the horrible tragedies on the Lugansk land will be held responsible for their atrocities. I express my heartfelt condolences to the relatives of the victims,” Pasechnik wrote on Telegram.
Pasechnik said that the strike at the public transport stop claimed the lives of three people and that another 15 were wounded including children.
“It’s doubly cynical that the strike was delivered with fragmentation ammunition which proves that the Nazis’ purpose was to kill as many civilians as possible,” he said.
Earlier, military expert Andrey Marochko said that a 16-year old boy had been killed in the strike.
Perevalsk district administration head Vitaly Mikhailov said that Kiev forces had targeted civilians as they attacked Perevalsk.
The Ukrainian government launched the so-called anti-terrorist operation against Donbass in April 2014. The peace talks that began soon thereafter failed to reach tangible results due to Kiev’s position to settle the conflict by force.
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a special military operation to protect Donbass residents from Ukrainian aggression on February 24, 2022. Prior to that, LPR and DPR Heads Leonid Pasechnik and Denis Pushilin asked the Russian leader to provide military assistance.
The Lugansk People’s Republic acceded to Russia on September 30, 2022 following the unification referendum.*i*v