Kiev forces violated the ceasefire in the responsibility zone of the Lugansk People’s Republic nine times over the past week, LPR People’s Militia commander Yan Leschenko said at a press briefing.
“Over the past week, Ukrainian armed formations violated the ceasefire nine times,” Leschenko said adding that strikes had been delivered at Zolotoye-5, Pervomaisk, the Kalinovo township and the Zhelobok village.
The members of the Contact Group have announced ceasefire more than 20 times since the autumn of 2014. Kiev forces regularly violated the truce opening fire with large caliber artillery, mortars and tank guns which were to have been withdrawn in accordance with the Minsk agreements.
The Ukrainian government launched the so-called anti-terrorist operation against Donbass in April 2014. Conflict settlement relies on the Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements, signed on February 12, 2015 in the Belarussian capital by the Contact Group members and coordinated by the Normandy Four heads of states (Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine). The document provides for ceasefire and withdrawal of heavy weapons from the contact line.*i*r