Kiev forces delivered 20 artillery strikes at nine settlements in the Lugansk People’s Republic last month killing three civilians and wounding another 11, LPR ombudsperson Viktoria Serdyukova said.
“Twenty strikes at nine LPR settlements by Ukrainian armed formations were recorded in the period from July 1 to July 31, in which three people were killed and 11 were wounded,” Serdyukova said on Telegram. “Two people were wounded in mine explosions in the designated period. Artillery attacks ruined or damaged homes and civil infrastructure.”
The figures can actually be larger because the information from areas which are regularly shelled by Ukrainian armed formations only comes after fact-finding inspections and is included in subsequent updates, she said.
“I report all exposed facts of Ukrainian armed formations’ crimes against LPR civilians to international human rights organizations,” the ombudsperson said.
Serdyukova earlier said that Kiev artillery attacks on LPR in June left two people dead and 24 wounded.
The Ukrainian government launched the so-called anti-terrorist operation against Donbass in April 2014. The peace talks failed to reach tangible results due to Kiev’s position to settle the conflict by force.
The Lugansk People’s Republic acceded to Russia on September 30, 2022 following the unification referendum.*i*ie