Bodies of 109 people exhumed from Rubezhnoye mass grave

Society 

The interministerial commission for search of missing persons has exhumed 109 victims of Ukrainian aggression from a mass grave in Rubezhnoye, a member of the search team Sergey Belov told journalists.

"Remains of 109 people have been recovered so far. The interministerial working group is working, all these crimes are being documented. A forensic expert is at the site, bodies are examined so that later relatives can receive the needed documents, death certificates. After that, re-burials will take place," he said.

Most of the victims have been identified by the next of kin who live in the area.

Severodontsk area might harbour 15 hundred mass graves, the Lugansk People’s Republic inter-ministerial working group estimates.

First bodies of victims of Ukrainian aggression were exhumed in Sabovka, Slavyanoserbsk district, on August 11, 2021.

Ukraine has been carrying out a military crackdown against Donbass since 2014. Multiple announcements of ceasefires failed to stabilize the situation. The simmering armed conflict escalated rapidly in February this year, and sent Donbass barrelling towards an unprecedented bloodshed.

Russia intervened on February 24 by launching a special military operation to demilitarize Ukraine and bring peace back to Donbass. *t

Editors' Choice